Below are 5 exercises where you are to INSERT ARTICLES where necessary. You can find the answers at the bottom of the page.
INSERT THE RIGHT ARTICLE WHERE NECESSARY
Exercise 1. Insert the articles (a /the), if necessary
- Ann is ____ most obnoxious person I know.
- Mike is ____ very nice person.
- Last night we went out for ____ meal.
- Tonight we are probably going to eat in ____hotel restaurant and then get to ____ bed early. I hate staying in ____ hotels but it is part of ____ job.
- Make sure you put your name at ____ end of ____ report.
- I cannot remember if I saw that film on ____ television or at ____ cinema.
- I spoke to several people at ____ cocktail party. Was John ____ one with the red hair among them?
- Have you already had ____ lunch?
- I am sure it won’t be long before people are living and working in ____ space.
- Could you close ____ door, please? It’s really cold.
Exercise 2. Insert the articles (a/an/the), if necessary
Board games are popular all over (1) _____ world. Mah Jong is (2) _____ example of (3) _____ very old one. I had (4) _____ uncle who had (5) _____ old set from Singapore. He kept (6) _____ set in (7) _____ beautiful box in (8) _____ living room. He used to open (9) _____ box and tell me about (10) _____ most fascinating things in the world.
Exercise 3. Insert the articles (a/an/the), if necessary
- Many people enjoy_____ snowboarding and_____ hiking in _____ Alps and _____ Pyrenees.
- Belfast is_____ capital of_____ Northern Ireland and Dublin is_____ capital of_____ Republic of_____ Ireland.
- _____ highest mountain in_____ world_____ Mount Everest, is in_____ Himalayas.
- Margaret Thatcher, who was_____ Prime Minister of _____ Great Britain for 12 years, is now known as_____ Baroness Thatcher of Kesteven.
- I was thinking of making_____ lasagna, but if you prefer we can go to_____ Queen’s Arm pub for_____ lunch.
- _____ Rock Garden cafe is halfway up_____ Queen Street, off_____ George Square.
- As soon as Nick got home from_____school he went straight to_____ bed because he was ill.
- Maria is_____ extremely patient girl. She will have no problem in her career as_____
- _____ Great Wall of China is said to be_____ only man made structure seen from_____ space.
- It was_____ lovely spring morning when he set out for_____ railway station.
Exercise 4. Insert the article the, if necessary
In the weeks before Christmas people are busy. They make or buy (1) _____ Christmas cards and send them to their friends, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. They also buy (2) _____Christmas presents. Many children make their Christmas cards at (3) _____school. People buy Christmas trees and put them in their (4) _____living rooms. (5) _____children decorate the Christmas tree with toys and little colored lights. There are beautiful Christmas decorations in (6) _____streets. On (7) _____Christmas Eve everybody puts their presents under (8) _____ Christmas tree. People say that at night Father Christmas puts presents into (9) _____stockings which children usually hang on their beds. (10) _____traditional Christmas meal is roast turkey and Christmas pudding.
Exercise 5. Insert the articles (a/the), if necessary
Herbert George Wells who was born in Bromley, (1) _____ South — East England, is known in (2) _____ history of English literature as (3) _____ author of science fiction, who also wrote novels about (4) _____ life of ordinary people. While (5) _____ student, he was interested in (6) _____ biology, and his earliest works were elementary textbooks. Later he became (7) _____ professional writer. H.G. Wells is the founder of modern social fantasy where (8) _____ fantastic element goes with (9) _____ realism of individual and social psychology. During (10) _____ Great Patriotic War of 1941—1945 Wells showed himself to be one of the friends of the Soviet Union.
Больше упражнений на артикли вы найдете в следующих материалах сайта:
- Упражнения на использование артиклей в английском языке. Уровень Elementary — Intermediate
- Комплексные упражнения на артикль. Уровень Upper-Intermediate — Advanced
- Артикль с географическими названиями. Упражнения
INSERT THE RIGHT ARTICLE — KEYS
Exercise 1. 1 the, 2 a, 3 a, 4 the/-/-/the, 5 the / the, 6 -/the, 7 the /the, 8 — , 9 — , 10 the
Exercise 2. 1 the, 2 an, 3 a, 4 an, 5 an, 6 the, 7 a, 8 the, 9 the, 10 the
Exercise 3. 1 -/-/the/the; 2 the/-/the/the/-; 3 the/the/-/the; 4 the/-/-; 5 -/the/-; 6 the/-/-; 7 -/-; 8 an / a; 9 the/the/-; a/the
Exercise 4. 1- , 2 — , 3 — , 4 — , 5 — , 6 the, 7 — , 8 the, 9 the, 10 the
Exercise 5. 1 — , 2 the, 3 the, 4 the, 5 a, 6 — , 7 a, 8 the, 9 the, 10 the
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!