Английские упражнения по теме Рождество – Christmas exercises – помогут вам узнать о том, как празднуется Рождество в Британии. Выполнив предложенные Christmas exercises, вы закрепите лексику по теме РОЖДЕСТВО. На сайте также есть упражнения про другие праздники.
Christmas Exercises with answers.
Exercise 1. Find the right answer.
1 What are the most popular Christmas colors after green and red?
a. red and yellow b. silver and gold c. white and black d. orange and violet
2. What food is often left out for Santa?
a. nuts b. a pudding c. a turkey d. cookies
3. What is the most popular treetop ornament?
a ball b. an angel c. a star d. a cracker
4. How many pipers piping did my true love give me?
a. 11 b. 12 c. 10 d. 6
5. Which country (on territory of which country) started the tradition of exchanging gifts?
a. Germany b. China c. Egypt d. Italy
6. Which state of the USA has a city named Santa Claus?
a. Indiana b. Louisiana c. Maine d. Colorado
7. What colour is Santa’s belt?
a. red b. white c. black d. no belt at all
8. Who are Santa’s little helpers and toy builders?
a. elves b. hobbits c. Jawas d. Munchkins
9. What is the name of the red-nosed reindeer?
a. Scroodge b. Rudolph c. Ernie d.Snowy
10 When is Boxing Day?
a. January 1 b. December 31 c. December 26 d. December 25
Exercise 2. Give short answers.
- Do you celebrate Christmas?
- Did you decorate a Christmas tree last year?
- Is there a fireplace in your house?
- Are you going to send Christmas cards this year?
- Does your mum cook roast turkey for Christmas dinner?
- Are there any Christmas stockings in your house?
Exercise 3. Find the odd one out. Try to explain your view.
- Dasher, Prancer, Comet, Vixen, Cupid, Dunkan
- Wreath, candy canes, bells, lily of the valley, fir tree.
- Mashed potatoes, brandy butter, Christmas ham , mince pies, stuffing
- Hanging paper bells, nativity scene, Christmas tree, crackers, paper kittens
- Holly, ivy, oak, mistletoe, Poinsettia
Exercise 4. Insert the verbs in the past form.
Sing, put, find, hang, go, be, come
Yesterday was Christmas Eve, the 24th of December. It (1) __________ a nice day. At first my friends and I (2) _________carols in the streets. Then in the evening I (3) _________a Christmas stocking by the fireplace and (4) _________ to bed. At night Santa Claus (5) ____________. He (6) ___________ presents into the stocking. In the morning I (7) ___________ cool roller skates in the stocking.
Exercise 5. Write in the prepositions in, on, at.
- British people celebrate Christmas ___ the 25th of December.
- Yesterday Sally got up ___ 6 o'clock.
- Chris and Molly had a Christmas party ___ the21 st of December
- We decorated the Christmas tree ___ the evening.
- I got a Christmas card ___ Monday.
- The children found a lot of presents ___ the morning.
- We are going to the museum ___ January.
Exercise 6. Write the sentences.
- you / Did / a cake / at Christmas / make / ?
- sister / magazines / every / My / day / reads / Christmas.
- on / to the Christmas party / The children / Saturday / went /.
- the 25th of December / you / on / Christmas /celebrate / Do / ?
- Molly / are / and / crackers / now / pulling / Rick.
Ответы к упражнениям на тему Рождество.
1 – b, 2 – d, 3 –b, 4 – 10, 5 – d, 6 – a, 7 – c, 8 – a, 9 – b, 10 — c.
Exercise 2. Your own answers
- Dunkan – is not one of the Santa’s reindeer.
- Lily of the valley is not a symbol of Christmas
- Mashed potatoes – is not a traditional Christmas food in the UK.
- Paper kittens are not traditional Christmas decoration.
- Oak – is not a Christmas plant
Was, 2 sang, 3 hung, 4 went, 5 came, 6 put, 7 found
1 on, 2 at, 3 on, 4 in, 5 on, 6 in, 7 in
- Did you make a cake at Christmas?
- My sister reads Christmas magazines every day.
- The children went to the Christmas party on Saturday.
- Do you celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December?
- Molly and Rick are pulling crackers now.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!