Упражнения на тему Present Simple Passive предлагаются с ответами (with answers) и идут от простых к более сложным. На сайте планируется большое количество упражнений на тему Passive Voice с ответами. Смотрите полезные ссылки внизу страницы.
Easy exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1. Fill in the verb is or are.
- Grammar rules ... always learnt by heart.
- Rare animals ... protected in many countries.
- This scarf ... made by my granny.
- Animals in the reserve ... fed two times a day.
- The same shirts ... worn by all the members of our team.
- New Belarussian books ... shown in our library
- Many Belarussian towns ... described in this book.
- Dinner ... always cooked by my mother.
- This place ... crowded on Sunday.
- Our village ... surrounded with a forest.
Упражнение 2. Write true sentences in Passive Voice. Use the words in table.
1) BMW cars
6) TV pictures
grown in India.
sent via satellite.
played in England.
sold in music shops.
made in Germany.
used to access the Internet.
invited to the concert
brought in the morning
cooked by my mother
painted by my friend
cleaned every day
given text-books at school
built of stone
written in English
not allowed to ride a motor-bike.
grown in many countries.
Упражнение 3 . Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
- I ... (like / am liked) this place.
- What books by Charles Dickens ... (translated / are translated) into Belarussian?
- Who ... (protects / is protected) animals?
- This city ... (is visited / visited) by many people.
- Who ... (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
- Our house ... (made /is made) of wood.
- Our holiday ... (is begun / begins) next week.
- Pupils ... (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
- The holiday ... (celebrated / is celebrated) every year.
Exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Level : Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 4. Fill in the gaps using the Present Simple Passive Voice form of the verb in brackets.
Mushroom and Ham Salad
First, 5 mushrooms … (1 – cut) into small pieces and …(2 — mix) with two cut spring onions. Then, 100 g cooked ham …(3— cut) into fine cubes. Now, mushrooms, onions and ham … (4 — mix) in a bowl. Finally, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice … (5 — mix) with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the mixture… (6 — add) to the salad mixture. Enjoy your salad!
The news reporter and a camera operator _______ (1 – send) to investigate a news story. People_____ (2 – interview) by a reporter and the interviews ______ (3 – film) by a camera operator. The film ____ (4 – take) back to the TV studio, and the best parts of the film _______ (5 – choose) by the news editor. Finally, the news report ______ (6 – send) to televisions in people's homes and the news _____ (7 – watch) by people all over the country.
My motherland is the Republic of Belarus. My country (1 – situate) in the centre of Europe. It (2 – make up) of six regions: Brest, Vitebsk, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk and Mogilev. Belarus (3 – not wash) by any seas or oceans, so it (4 – not separate) from other countries by seas and oceans. Belarus (5 – border) by five countries.
Belarus is mostly flat (плоская). Some uplands can (6 – find) near Minsk and in some districts of Mogilev and Grodno regions. Most of Belarus (7 – cover) by forests. It is a beautiful country with a lot of lakes.
Упражнение 5. Put the passive sentences in order.
- in a lot of schools / are / used / Computers
- of plastic / made / are / CDs
- seen / The information / on a screen/can be
- are / very quickly / The answers / calculated
- played / The game / is / on a computer
- with a modem / are / sent / E-mails
- is / on a disk / Information / stored
- sent / Text messages / are / using mobile phones
- to get information / used / is / The Internet
Упражнение 6. Respond to the situations with a negative sentence using the words and word combinations in brackets.
Cars are made at this factory, (bicycles)
— But bicycles are not made at this factory.
- Bread is sold in this shop, (milk)
- Our house is built of wood, (their house)
- My books are kept on the shelf. exercise-books )
- My younger sister is usually given fruit and milk for supper, (my elder brother)
- Apples are grown in Belarus, (oranges)
- Glass is made of sand, (paper)
- My dresses are made by my mother, (jackets)
- Films are watched by many people, (sports programmes)
- This apple-tree is planted by me. (that cherry-tree)
- All the words are always learnt by the pupils. (rules)
Упражнение 7. Answer the questions in Simple Present Passive.
Is football played in the yard?
— Yes, it is. It’s sometimes played in the yard.
— No, it isn’t. It’s usually played in the field.
Is it played by boys or by girls?
— It’s played by boys as a rule.
- Are you always given good marks?
- Is your friend also given good marks?
- Is your homework always done in time?
- Are you often given money by your parents?
- Is chess played by two or three people?
- Are you often punished at home?
- Are trees planted in summer or in autumn?
- Are you shown pictures at your English lessons?
- Are your exercise-books collected at the beginning or at the end of the lesson?
Упражнение 8. Ask for more information about the sentences using the words in brackets.
The children are left after the lessons.(why,how often)
— Why are the children left after the lessons?
—How often are the children left after the lessons?
- The game is won by our school team, (what game)
- The map is brought from England, (when)
- My books are not kept on the shelf, (why)
- School meetings are held every month, (where)
- The glass is filled with something, (what)
- Hockey is usually played by boys, (when)
- Oranges are not grown in Belarus, (why)
- The dinner is not yet served, (why)
- New rules are explained at the lesson, (by whom)
Exercises on Present Simple Passive. Level – Intermediate.
Упражнение 9. Answer the questions using the words in brackets.
- Do many tourists come to Britain? (is visited )
- Where is the ‘garden of England? (is situated)
- Does it snow in the mountains of Wales? (are covered with)
- What language do people in Scotland speak? (is spoken)
- Are there many seas around the country? (is surrounded by / is washed by)
- Do they make world-famous crafts and clothes in Scotland? (are made)
- Do many people know about the beautiful mountains and lakes of Wales? (are known all over the world)
- Why is the green colour a symbol of Northern Ireland? (is covered)
Упражнение 10. Make up questions in Simple Present Passive.
to check up?
to make of?
Упражнение 11. Change the verbs from Active into Passive.
The teacher helps the pupils.
— The pupils are helped by the teacher.
They grow rice in India.
— Rice is grown in India.
- I take books at the library.
- Boys play football.
- We clean our classroom after the lessons.
- The postman brings newspapers every day.
- They show American films every Sunday on TV.
- We keep the dog in the yard. .
- We give milk to our cat every day.
- We usually pick apples in September.
- He shows me his stamps each time when I come to his place.
- They use disks for storing information.
- They discover new planets every day.
- People give presents at Christmas.
- They speak Spanish in Peru.
- They tidy the classroom every day.
Упражнение 12. Change the sentences from Active into Passive. Then make questions about these sentences.
I keep my pet in the house.
— My pet is kept in the house.
— Where is your pet kept?
- We always write new words into our exercise books.
- Exercises follow every text.
- The pupils use the school library.
- Not all pupils wear the school uniform.
- The teacher gives us all the text-books.
- My mother washes my clothes.
Упражнение 13 .Write questions to the sentences
- The park is situated in the centre of the city, (what, where)
- The statue is made by a famous sculptor, (disjunctive)
- Demonstrations are held in this square, (what, where)
- The square is planned round the monument. (general)
- The obelisk is decorated with figures, (how)
- The tent is put up on a rock, (alternative)
Упражнение 14. Change the sentences from Active into Passive.
- Do they sell shoes in this shop?
- Do they bring tea from India?
- Do they teach English at your school?
- Do they make bicycles at this factory?
- Do they pay him a lot of money?
- Where do they sell bananas?
Упражнение 15. Translate into English.
- Слова написаны на доске.
- Эта книга продается во всех магазинах
- Ему часто отправляют письма?
- Когда приносят газеты?
- Этот парк всегда показывают туристам.
- Завтрак не дают в нашей школе.
- Эти тексты не учат наизусть.
Passive voice easy exercises.
1 are, 2 are, 3 is, 4 are, 5 are, 6 are, 7 are, 8 is, 9 is, 10 is
- BMW cars are made in Germany.
- CDs are sold in music shops.
- Tea is grown in India.
- Modems are used to access the Internet.
- Cricket is played in England.
- TV pictures are sent via satellite.
The house is built of stone
The children are not allowed to ride a motor-bike.
We are given text-books at school
The letter is written in English
The newspapers are brought in the morning
Dinner is cooked by my mother
The picture is painted by my friend.
The classroom is cleaned every day.
I am invited to the concert
Potatoes are grown in many countries.
1 like, 2 are translated, 3 protects, 4 is visited, 5 is given, 6 is made, 7 begins, 8 are given, 9 is celebrated
Passive Voice Pre-Intermediate Exercises.
А) 1 are cut, 2 are mixed, 3 is cut,4 are mixed, 5 are mixed, 6 is added
- B) 1 are sent, 2 are interviewed, 3 are filmed, 4 is taken, 5 are chosen, 6 is sent, 7 is watched
- c) 1 is situated, 2 is made up, 3 isn’t washed, 4 isn’t separated, 5 is bordered, 6 be found, 7 is covered.
- Computers are used in a lot of schools.
- CDs are made of plastic.
- The information can be seen on the screen.
- The answers are calculated very quickly.
- The game is played on a computer
- E-mails are sent with a modem.
- Information is stored on a disk.
- Text messages are sent using mobile phones
- The Internet is used to get information.
- But milk is not sold in this shop.
- But their house is not built of wood.
- But my exercise-books are not kept on the shelf.
- But my elder brother is not usually given fruit and milk for supper.
- But oranges are not grown in Belarus.
- But paper is not made of sand.
- But my jackets are not made by my mother.
- But sports programmes are not watched by many people.
- But that cherry-tree is not planted by me.
- But all the rules are not always learnt by the pupils.
Упражнение 7. Your own answers.
- What game is won by our school team?
- When is the map brought from England?
- Why are my books not kept on the shelf?
- Where are school meetings held every month?
- What is filled with something?
- When is hockey usually played by boys?
- Why are oranges not grown in Belarus?
- Why is the dinner not served yet?
- By whom are new rules explained at the lesson?
Passive Voice Intermediate Exercises.
Упражнение 9. Your own answers.
Упражнение 10. Your own answers.
Упражнение 11. Possible answers.
- Books are taken at the library by me.
- Football is played by boys.
- Our classroom is cleaned by us after the lessons.
- Newspapers are brought by the postman every day.
- American films are shown every Sunday on TV.
- The dog is kept keep in the yard. .
- Our cat is given milk every day.
- Apples are usually picked in September.
- His stamps are shown to me by him each time when I come to his place.
- Disks are used for storing information.
- New planets are discovered every day.
- Presents are given at Christmas.
- Spanish is spoken in Peru.
- The classroom is tidied every day.
Упражнение 12. Possible answers.
- New words are always written by us into our exercise books.
Where are the new words written by us?
- Every text is followed by exercises.
What for is every text followed by exercises?
- The school library is used by pupils.
By whom is the school library used?
- The school uniform is not worn by all pupils.
Why isn’t the school uniform worn by all pupils?
- The text-books are given to us by the teacher.
What is given to us by the teacher?
- My clothes are washed by my mother.
By whom are my clothes washed?
Упражнение 13. Possible answers.
- What is situated in the centre of the city?
Where is the park situated?
- The statue is made by a famous sculptor, isn’t it?
- What is held in this square?
Where are the demonstrations held?
- Is the square planned round the monument?
- How is the obelisk i decorated?
- Is the tent put up on a rock or in the forest?
- Are shoes sold in this shop?
- Is tea brought from India?
- Is English taught at your school?
- Are bicycles made at this factory?
- Is he paid a lot of money?
- Where are bananas sold?
- The words are written on the blackboard.
- This book is sold in many shops.
- Is he often sent letters?
- When are the newspapers brought?
- This park is often shown to the tourists
- Breakfast is not served in our school.
- These texts are not learnt by heart.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!