Добрый день, читатели блога grammar-tei.com. Сегодня мы займемся словообразованием и выполним несколько упражнений на словообразование в английском языке. Все упражнения даются с ответами, поэтому Вы сможете проверить себя.
Тема словообразование в английском – очень сложная, поэтому практиковаться нужно много. Всем известно, что задания на словообразования есть в ЕГЭ. Не будем откладывать и выполним упражнения на словообразование в английском.
Задания на словообразование. Word building exercises.
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки. Образуйте существительные.
- The study calculated that replacing weekly fruit juice ... with whole fruits could bring health benefits. (consume)
- For my birthday Mother baked a cake with yellow ... . (ice)
- Carbohydrates, proteins and fats are called ... because they provide the fuel your body needs. (nutrition)
- Many women have to juggle ... and a full-time job. (mother)
- ... are unavoidable when three ... live under one roof. (argue, generate)
- Her deep ... of her sister was evident. (hate)
- Older people who live alone often need help with gardening and house ... (maintain)
- Positive attitude helps employees to get along with ... and managers. (worker)
- China’s air... has cut life ... by an average of 5.5 years in the north of the country and caused higher rates of lung cancer. (pollute, expect)
- It is much safer to use stainless steel or glass ... instead of plastic ones. (contain)
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки. Образуйте прилагательные.
- My favorite ... book is “Appetite” by Nigel Slater. (cooker)
- Eating can also make you ..., and so can waking up in the morning. (thirst)
- You shouldn’t rest on your laurels but try to improve your ... performance. (academy)
- Highly ... gas is naturally found in coal mines. (explode)
- An ... species is a species of organisms facing a very high risk of extinction. (danger)
- The most... earthquake struck in Shanxi, China 1556. (disaster)
- ... exploitation of nature by man has resulted in the effects we have to deal with now. (thought)
- Laos is a landlocked ... country, widely covered by tropical forest. (mountain)
- I decided to take a walk. It would be too ... to wait in the queue. (tire)
Упражнение 3. Используйте отрицательные приставки. Образуйте подходящие по смыслу слова.
- The service was slow and the waiter’s familiarity was … , so we left without paying. (accept)
- Some children are a challenge, especially when they ... in public places. (behaviour)
- To my ... , the restaurant was overbooked and we had to spend the evening at home. (appoint)
- Michael was ... about what dessert to order. (decide)
- Parents’... of their children’s behaviour and life choices can ruin their lives. (approve)
- There is a huge difference between ... children and those merely ... to listen to their parents’ advice. (obey, will)
- Young children mustn’t be left ... either at home or at public places. (attention)
- She was frequently left alone by her ... husband. (faith)
- If you describe someone as ..., you are criticising them because they are unable to do their job or a task properly or are ... to act in this capacity. (competence, qualifications)
- Banks are still seen as ... and many people keep their savings at home. (security)
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, образуйте глаголы.
- Guar gum also is used in the food industry to ... products like ice cream. (thick)
- Old Manchester houses are made of red brick... by soot. (black)
- David spotted the pink silk lampshade in a shop and thought it would ... up the room. (bright)
- Do we ever stop to think about the importance of the air we ... ? (breath)
- I’d like to ... this dress for one in a larger size. (change)
- They ... 100 dollars from a bank account an hour ago. (draw)
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки. Образуйте подходящие по смыслу слова.
- Sometimes one's ... are the only people one can ... in. (parental, confidence)
- Many people ... that getting a spouse can put them out of their..., which later... wrong, because sometimes marriage makes life more difficult. (belief, miserable, proof)
- An ... Roman ... has been discovered in northwest England, (extend, settle)
- The dining-room is elegantly ... and ... carpeted, (furniture, luxury)
- Everyone is ... of her having the chance to ... abroad, (envy, student)
- When employers look at... candidates, beyond skills, experience, and training, they look for those who demonstrate ... (prospect, enthuse)
- In the city the ... and ... were insufferable, (hot, humid)
- Our planet’s... regions, located just north and south of the equator, are known for their... and ... (tropic, warm, humid)
- Next to Shakespeare, no ... gets more love on Broadway than Tennessee Williams, (play)
- During Elizabeth’s reign England significantly ... its trade ... and in 1580 Sir Francis Drake became the first Englishman to successfully ... the earth, (expansion, sea, circumnavigation)
Упражнение 6. Образуйте слова от данных. Вставьте слова в текст.
RESTORATION, LOOK, DEMOLITION, EXTEND, GOTH, ACCOMMODATE, PANELLING, UNEXPECTED
Located in Wiltshire, an outstanding and beautifully __________ (1), late ________ (2) style manor house was built of limestone. Originally it was a much larger property that was mostly ___________ (3). Solid in appearance and structure, it offers _________ (4) and well presented ___________ (5). As one would ___________ (6) there is a grand drawing room with oak _________ (7) walls and a large open fireplace. The large windows __________ (8) a parkland setting.
FORM, ILLEGAL, EDUCATIONAL, QUALIFICATIONS, TUITION
Home education is when a child is __________ (1) at home rather than at school. It's perfectly __________ (2) in the UK and one doesn’t need to be a __________ (3) teacher to do so. Children who are home educated receive all their education from their parents, sometimes with the help of outside __________ (4). If you decide to home educate your child you don’t have to follow __________ (5) rules about how you teach or when you teach.
CHIEF, SEARCH, SCIENCE, INDUCE, COLLECT, APPLY, ADOPTION, FOUND
English philosopher, statesman, and jurist who rose to become Lei Chancellor (1618—1621) to James I but is __________ (1) remembered for the status he gave to __________ (2) research in England. Although his name is associated with the method of __________ (3) and the rejection of a priori reasoning in science, the painstaking __________ (4) of miscellaneous facts without any use of error theory which he supported in the Novum Organum has never been __________ (5) as a practical method of __________ (6). The __________ (7) of the Baconian method was, however, an important object in the __________ (8) of the Royal Society some years later.
DEPTH, HARMLESS, DESIRE, MODERATE, ACCESS
We’ve all heard of emotional eating. There’s also such a thing as emotional shopping. In __________ (1), neither of these activities is __________ (2), but in excess both can have serious consequences. The __________ (3) and the affordability of goods make shopping all the more appealing. For many compulsive buyers, a big part of the appeal of shopping is the process of searching out and obtaining that new, better, __________ (4) item. This process is so mesmerising that it often ruins long-term financial plans, leaving shoppers __________ (5) in debt.
Ответы к упражнениям на словообразование. Word building exercises – answers.
1 consumption, 2 icing, 3 nutrients, 4 motherhood/maternity, 5 arguments, generations, 6 hatred, 7 maintenance, 8 co-workers, 9 pollution, expectancy
1 cookery, 2 thirsty, 3 academic, 4 explosive, 5 endangered, 6 disastrous, 7 thoughtless, 8 mountainous, 9 tiresome
1 unacceptable, 2 misbehave, 3 disappointment, 4 indecisive, 5 disapproval, 6 disobedient, unwilling, 7 unattended, 8 unfaithful, 9 incompetent, unqualified, 10 insecure
1 thicken, 2 blackened, 3 brighten, 4 breathe, 5 exchange, 6 withdrew
1 parents, confide, 2 believe, misery, proves, 3 extensive, settlement, 4 furnished, luxuriously 5 envious, study, 6 prospective, enthusiasm, 7 heat, humidity, 8 tropic (al), warmth, humidity, 9 playwright, 10 expanded, oversea (s), circumnavigate
1 restored, 2 gothic, 3 demolished, 4 extensive 5 accommodation, 6 expect, 7 panel (l) ed, 8 overlook
1 educated, 2 legal, 3 qualified, 4 tutors, 5 formal
1 chiefly, 2 scientific, 3 induction, 4 collection, 5 adopted, 6 research, 7 application, 8 foundation
1 moderation, 2 harmful, 3 accessibility, 4 desirable, 5 deeply
Надеюсь, эти упражнения на словообразование помогут Вам в изучении этого непростого раздела английского языка. Word building exercises are very useful!
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!