Упражнения на отработку использования some, any, no, a также их производных (something, anything, nothing / somebody, anybody, nobody /somewhere, anywhere, nowhere) помогут вам закрепить знания по данной теме. Если упражнения показались сложными – предлагаю повторить правила использования some, any, no.
SOME, ANY, NO exercises.
Exercise 1. Write in a, an, some or any.
1. Is there _____ milk in the crystal glass?
— No, there isn't _____ milk in the crystal glass
There's _____ juice in the crystal glass.
2. — Are there_____ sausages on the round plate?
-There aren't _____ sausages on the round plate.
There are _____ sandwiches on the round plate.
3. -Is there_____ glass on the wooden table?
— No, there isn't _____ glass on the wooden table.
There's _____ cup on the wooden table.
Exercise 2. Write in a, an, some, any.
- There's ______angel on the top.
- There are ______ornaments on the tree.
- Are there ______lights on the tree?
- There isn't ______Christmas tree in the house.
- There's ______ jam on the wooden table.
- Is there ______bread in the basket?
- There aren't ______ vegetables in the fridge.
Exercise 3. Complete the sentences with some/any/no.
- There is _______ tea in the crystal glass, but it is very hot.
- There is _______ fresh milk in the fridge. I can't make porridge.
- Are there ________ tasty apples in the bag?
- There isn't _______ jam on the round plate.
- There are _______ bananas on the wooden table. They are yellow.
- There is ________ butter on the plate.
- There is ________ cheese on the table, but there’re ____________ cheese sandwiches.
- There isn't _________ sausage on the table.
- There are ____________ potatoes in the bag.
- There aren't ______________ bananas on the table, but there are ________ cucumbers there.
Exercise 4. Complete the sentences with the words
Cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, apples, carrots
There is some fresh ________ on the wooden table. There aren't any ___________ in the big bag, but there are some ________ there. There are no green ________ on the table, but there are some tasty red _________ there.
Exercise 5. Read the sentences. Draw your picture.
There is some food in the fridge. There is some cheese on the shelf. There are some sausages to the right of the cheese. There are two cucumbers on the shelf. There is a red tomato to the left of the cucumbers. There is some cabbage behind the tomato.
Exercise 6. Choose the correct item.
- Is there some/any butter in the fridge?
- There isn't any/no bread in the bag.
- There are some/any cucumbers on the table.
- There are any/no potatoes in the box.
- There is/are some cheese on the shelf.
Exercise 7. Ask questions to the given answers.
- Yes, there’re some yellow tomatoes in the fridge.
- No, there isn't any hot chocolate in the cup.
- Yes, there are some cheese sandwiches on the round plate.
- No, there is no salt on the shelf.
Exercise 8. Fill in some/any/no.
- There is ______ milk in the cup, but it is very cold.
- There is ______ bread on the table. I can’t make sandwiches.
- Are there ______ oranges in the bag?
- There isn’t ______ cheese in the fridge.
- There are______ flowers in the vase. They are red.
- There are ______ carrots in the fridge. I can’t make soup.
- There is ______ coffee in the cup, but it is very hot.
- Is there ______ cheese in the fridge?
- There isn’t ______ juice in the glass.
- There are ______ grapes on the plate. They are green.
- They've got ______ buns in this shop.
- I'd like ________ potatoes, please.
- Have you got ______ ice-cream?
- There aren't ___________ boys in the team!
- There are ___________ video shops in the town!
- This is a terrible party. There isn't ________ good music!
- I've got ___________ posters of Ricky Martin.
- Have you got ___________ posters of Britney Spears?
- 'Sit down, please.' 'But there aren't ___________ chairs!'
- There is ______ milk in the fridge. Go to the shop and buy ______.
- I can see______ tomatoes in the bag. Let's make______ salad.
- There aren’t ______cucumbers in the fridge.
- Would you like ______tea?
- Is there ______cheese on the shelf?
Exercise 9. Correct the sentences.
- Are there any milk in the fridge?
- There is no tomatoes in the salad.
- Is there some sugar in this coffee?
- There are some hamburger on the menu.
- I'd like any potatoes, please.
- There are some jam on the bread,
- There's some fly in my soup.
- We've got some banana.
- There isn't some money in my pocket.
- There is some posters on the wall.
- Is there a salt in this soup?
Exercise 10. Read the dialogue. Fill in the gaps with some, any, or a / an.
A. I’d like ________ (1) vegetable soup with bread, please.
B. I’m afraid we haven’t got________ (2) vegetable soup today. But we’ve got________ (3) milk soup.
A. I don’t like milk soup. I’ll have________ (4) vegetable salad.
B. Vegetable salad. Anything else, sir?
A. Chicken with boiled potatoes.
B. I’m sorry, but we haven’t got________ (5) chicken. But you can have ________ (6) steak. And there is spaghetti or chips instead of boiled potatoes.
A. All right. ________ (7) steak and ________ (8) chips. Have you got ________ (9) juice or is there any
B. Of course, sir. We’ve got ________ (10) orange and apple juice.
A. Have you got________ (11) tomato juice?
B. Yes, it’s Spanish.
A. That’s fine. And cheese. I’d like ________ (12) cheese and ________ (13) fruit salad.
B, Would you like ________ (14) ice-cream?
A, Yes, please. One ice-cream.
Производные SOME, ANY, NO. Упражнения.
Exercise 11. Choose the correct answer. Write the story in your notebook.
Liz is shopping. She wants to buy (1 — anything / some / any) new clothes. She is going to a New Year party tonight, but she has got (2 — anything / nobody / nothing) to wear. She wants to buy (3 — some / any / something) nice and (4 — no / some / any) new shoes but she can’t find (5 — something / anything / anybody) that she likes. She is also looking for a present. She wants to buy (6 — nothing / anybody / something) special for her friend.
Exercise 12. Complete the dialogue. Use the words from the box.
something, anybody, nobody, somebody
Granny: Tom, Jane, Max! Can __________ (1) help me tidy up? __________ (2) answers. Where are they?
Max: Granny! There’s__________ (3) in this room. Are you talking to yourself?
Granny: No, I’m not talking to myself. I’m asking __________ (4) to help me do __________ (5) about the
Max: OK. Can __________ (6) help Granny about the house? Tom, Jane, where are you? Come here, I want you to help Granny.
Exercise 13. Fill in the blanks with the necessary pronouns (some, any, anything, something, everybody, everything, no etc.):
1. Is there ______ interesting in the magazine? 2. There are______books on the table. 3. ______in the house is clean and good. 4. There is______here. 5. She will tell us______about her work. 6. She doesn’t want______new dress. 7. Is he going ______ today? 8. Good morning, ______ . 9. He never goes by train, he goes______by aeroplane. 10. They want a house, they have ______ to live. 11. Is______coming to see us today? 12. There aren’t______pencils in the box. 13. I didn’t see ______ yesterday, I was at home.
Exercise 14. Вставьте вместо пропусков местоимения some, any и их производные.
- Why are you looking under the table? Have you lost anything/ something?
- Do they live somewhere / anywhere near Suvorov Street?
- There is anything / something in my soup. It’s mosquito!
- I’m thirsty. Can I have some / any cold juice?
- He can do the job alone. He doesn’t need anybody else’s / somebody else’s help.
- We cannot close our eyes to the facts some / any longer.
- If anybody / somebody asks about me I’m at Kate’s.
- She can’t have lost the tickets! They have got to be anywhere / somewhere!
- I’ve lost my way! Isn’t there anyone / someone who could direct me to Victory Square?
- There is hardly anybody / somebody to be seen on the streets of the centre after dusk.
- David decided that he needed to do anything / something constructive with his life.
- Will you show me some / any of your latest sculptures?
- «What would you like to drink?» «Oh, anything / something. Whatever you’re having will be fine!»
- Tom was in bad mood and refused to go somewhere / anywhere.
Ответы к упражнениям.
1 any, any, some, 2 any, any, some, 3 a / any, any, a
1 an, 2 some, 3 any, 4 any, 5 some, 6 any, 7 any
1 some, 2 no, 3 any, 4 any, 5 some, 6 some / no, 7 no, some / some, no, 8 any, 9 some / no, 10 any, some
Possible answer: Cabbage, carrots, apples, cucumbers, tomatoes
Your own picture
1 any, 2 any, 3 some, 4 no, 5 is
- Are there any yellow tomatoes in the fridge?
- Is there any hot chocolate in the cup?
- Are there any cheese sandwiches on the round plate?
- Is there any salt in the shelf?
1 some, 2 no, 3 any, 4 any, 5 some, 6 no, 7 some, 8 any, 9 any, 10 some, 11 some / no, 12 some, 13 some, 14 any, 15 some / no, 16 any, 17 some / no, 18 any, 19 any, 20 no, some, 21 some, some, 22 any, 23 some, 24 any
1 are =>Is, 2 is => are, 3 some => any, 4 hamburger => hamburgers, 5 any => some, 6 are => is, 7 some => a, 8 banana=> bananas, 9 some => any, 10 is => are, 11 a => any
1 some, 2 any, 3 some, 4 some, 5 any, 6 a, 7 a, 8 some, 9 some, 10 some, 11 any, 12 some, 13 some, 14 some.
Производные some, any no
1 some, 2 nothing, 3 something, 4 some, 5 anything, 6 something
1 anybody, 2 nobody, 3 nobody, 4 anybody, 5 something, 6 anybody
1 anything, 2 some /no, 3 everything, 4 nobody, 5 everything, 6 any, 7 anywhere, 8 everybody, 9 everywhere, 10 nowhere, 11 anybody, 12 any, 13 anybody / anything
1 Something, 2 somewhere, 3 something, 4 some, 5 anybody else’s, 6 any, 7 anybody, 8 somewhere, 9 anyone, 10 anybody, 11 something, 12 some / any, 13 anything, 14 anywhere
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!