Давайте попрактикуемся в теме степени сравнения английских наречий и выполним несколько упражнений.
The adverb. Degrees of comparison. Exercises.
Упражнение 1. Напишите три степени сравнения следующих наречий. Некоторые из предложенных наречий не имеют степеней сравнения – какие? Write three degrees of comparison for the following adverbs. Which of these adverbs do not form any degrees of comparison?
Well, badly, far, here, outside, easily, mostly, fast, loudly, usually, carefully, happily, patiently, dangerously
Упражнение 2. Выберите правильный вариант использования степени сравнения наречий. Choose the right adverb (degree of comparison) to complete the sentences.
- Alisа smiles even (most brightly / more brightly) than the sun.
- The new teacher explains the rules (more completely / completely) than our book.
- Jack arrived (latest / most late) at the airport.
- Jillian usually climbs (highest /higher) of all the other climbers in her group.
- Andrew is speaking even (more louder / louder ) than usual.
- Melody dances (most gracefully / more gracefully) of all the girls.
- Of all three, Mike runs (fastest / faster).
- Of all two, Mike runs (fastest / faster).
- Harry swims (slower / slowest) of all the boys in the swimming team.
- Yesterday the President spoke (more calmly /calmly) to Congress than usual.
Упражнение 3. Вставьте наречие в нужной степени сравнения. Use the correct form of the adverbs in brackets.
- Unfortunately, it’s becoming _______ (hard) and _______ (hard) to find a well-paid job.
- This phrase is _______ (widely) used in spoken Russian than in written.
- Your test isn’t good. You can do _______ (well) than you did.
- We walk _______ (fast) than usual to catch the train.
- I know Daniel _______ (well) than you do.
- I used to play tennis _______ (often) than now.
- Could you move a bit_______ (far) away for me to sit here too?
- Mary is driving _______ (slowly) than usual, as the road is wet.
- Of all the group Jimmy did _______ (badly) in the examination.
- Could you speak _______ (distinctly), please?
Упражнение 4. Скажите, какие из следующих предложений составлены верно, исправьте ошибки. Say which of these sentences are right and correct the wrong ones.
1 I hope that next time you’ll speak to your uncle more politely. 2. Peter usually comes to his classes most late of his classmates. 3. Who can solve this problem most quickly? 4. This time he listened to his little sister patienter than usual. 5. Could you speak a little slower, please? 6. When I was a very young child I thought that to sing best meant to sing loudest. 7. I think that now I see the whole problem much more clearly. 8. Who lives more near to the school — you or your friend? 9. Alice goes to the theatre frequentest of us all. 10. Will you raise your hands a bit higher, please? I can't see them. 11. In December it snows oftener than in November. 12. He knows three languages but he speaks English easiest. 13. Last night I slept peacefullier than before. 14, Could you come to school more early and water the plants tomorrow? 15. This new computer works most fast and can solve problems in no time.
Упражнение 5. Translate.
- Ты не мог бы вести машину быстрее?
- Поезд прибыл раньше, чем обычно.
- Моя сестра помогает маме чаще других членов нашей семьи.
- Из пяти спортсменов Вася прыгнул выше всех.
- Миссис Финч разговаривает с медсестрами терпеливее всех других врачей.
- Наша собака лает громче соседской.
- Мой брат пишет бабушке чаще, чем я.
- Анна говорит по-английски лучше Васи.
- Вася живет ближе всех к школе.
Ответы к упражнениям на степени сравнения наречий.
- Well – better (than) – best (of all),
- Badly – worse (than) – worst (of all),
- Far – farther/further (than) – farthest/furthest (of all),
- here, outside – нет степеней сравнения,
- easily – more easily (than) – most easily (of all) или easily – easier (than) – easiest (of all)
- mostly – нет степени сравнения,
- fast – faster (than) — fastest (of all),
- loudly – more loudly (than) – most loudly (of all) или loudly – louder (than) – loudest (of all)
- usually – нет степени сравнения,
- carefully – more carefully (than) – most carefully (of all),
- happily – more happily (than) – most happily (of all),
- patiently — more patiently (than) – most patiently (of all),
- dangerously – more dangerously (than) – most dangerously (of all).
Упражнение 2. Выберите правильный вариант использования степени сравнения наречий. Choose the right adverb degree of comparison to complete the sentences.
- more brightly
- more completely
- most gracefully
- more calmly
Harder / harder, 2 more widely, 3 better, 4 faster, 5 better, 6 more often (oftener), 7 farther, 8 (more slowly) slower, 9 worst, 10 more distinctly
1 -> correct;
2 most late -> latest;
4 patienter -> more patiently;
8 more near -> nearer
9 frequentest -> most frequent;
10 -> correct;
13 peacefullier -> more peacefully;
14 more early -> earlier;
15 most fast – fastest;
- Can't you drive faster?
- The train arrived earlier than usual.
- My sister helps my mother more often than other members of our family.
- Of the five athletes Bob jumped highest.
- Mrs. Finch talks to the nurses most patiently of all the other doctors.
- Our dog barks louder than our neighbor's.
- My brother writes to our grandma more often than I do.
- Anna speaks English better than Vasya.
- Bob lives closest / nearest to the school.
I hope you like these exercises on the degrees of comparison of adverbs
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!