Добрый день. В данном материале вы найдете упражнения на употребление глаголов to do и to make в английском языке. Всего 10 упражнений, выстроенных от простого к сложному.
Если во время выполнения упражнений у вас появятся сложности – обратите внимание на статью “Разница между to do / to make”, в ней вы найдете ответы на все свои вопросы. Также на сайте есть онлайн тест “To do or to make”
To do / to make – упражнения.
Перед выполнение упражнений, изучите таблицу – повторите правило.
Теперь можно приступать!
Упражнение 1. Insert do or make.
1 _______ an apology
2 _______ a job
3 _______ an appointment
4 _______ bad
Write 10 words into each line:
a mess, homework, the dishes, the shopping, a mistake, money, (someone) a favor, plans, the right thing, dinner, volunteer work, noise, the bed, a (telephone) call, the research, best, sure, a living, any good, exercises
Упражнение 3. Circle the right option:
- I cannot understand. It does not make/do sense
- Make/Do sure you don’t forget your ticket, will you?
- He is always making/doing a fool of himself with those jokes he tells
- Buy that car. It’s very good and cheap. You’ll do/make a real bargain
- I’ll have to make/do my best if I want to pass this exam
- Eat fruit. It’ll make/do you good
- I cannot go out now. I have a lot of work to make/do.
- It is a very good business. If you’re lucky, you’ll make/do a fortune
- If you’re so rude to him, you’ll make/do an enemy of him
- When are you going to make/do the shopping?
Упражнение 4. Circle the right option. The exercise is more difficult than the previous one.
- I can’t give you an answer. I have not made/done up my mind yet
- What have you made/done to your hair?
- Try not to make/do trouble in class or the teacher will punish you
- They were angry but after talking, they made/did peace and became friends again
- We made/did the washing-up after our guests left
- After I had made/done the beds, I had breakfast
- He made/did his job very well but he was very badly-paid
- I made/did an appointment with my lawyer. I needed some advice.
Упражнение 5. Do or make?
- When you live abroad it is difficult to __________ friends if you don't know the language.
- «Can you ____________ me a favour?» «No, I'm busy.»
- I'm hungry. I'm going to ____________ a sandwich.
- I couldn't _______________ business with him. I don't trust him.
- Can I use your mobile? I need to _____________ a call.
- His company _____________ a lot of business with China.
- I can't come because I’ve got to ______________ the washing-up.
- It's snowing! Do you want to _____________a snowman?
Упражнение 6. Insert do or make in the correct form.
- I’ll __________ my best to pass all my exams next term.
- It’s very difficult to _________ a decision when you aren’t sure.
- Don’t _________ noise. The baby is sleeping!
- Have you finished _________ your homework?
- Can you _________ me a favor?
- You’ll _________ a mistake if you do that.
- I’ll _________ the shopping after work this evening.
- Don’t _________ any coffee. We’ll have tea.
- How many tests have you _________?
- If you are shy, you’ll never _________ friends.
Упражнение 7. Insert do or make in the correct form.
- My mother is _________ me a dress for the party.
- You can’t talk to other people in the room when you are _________ an exam.
- Who will __________ the washing up after lunch?
- Taking a few days’ holiday will _________ you good.
- These photographs don’t __________ any justice to her beauty.
- He _________ a large fortune when he was working in Australia.
- My tooth hurts. I’ll have to _________ an appointment with my dentist.
- That firm is not very reliable. We’d better not _________ business with them.
- He was sacked from school because he was always ________ trouble in class.
- Don’t _________ such a fuss about the subject. It is not so important!
Ответы к упражнениям.
Exercise 1. 1 make, 2 do, 3 make, 4 do, 5 do, 6 do, 7 do, 8 make, 9 make, 10 make, 11 make, 12 do, 13 make, 14 make, 15 make, 16 do, 17 do, 18 do, 19 do, 20 make
MAKE: a mess, a mistake, money, plans, dinner, noise, the bed, a (telephone) call, sure, a living
DO: homework, the dishes, the shopping, (someone) a favor, the right thing, volunteer work, the research, best, any good, exercises
Exercise 3. 1 make, 2 make, 3 making, 4 make, 5 do, 6 do, 7 do, 8 make, 9 make, 10 do.
Exercise 4. 1 made, 2 done, 3 make, 4 made, 5 did, 6 made, 7 did, 8 made
Exercise 5. 1 make, 2 do, 3 make, 4 do, 5 make, 6 does, 7 do, 8 make
Надеюсь, вам понравились эти упражнения!
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!