Упражнения Infinitive or gerund помогут Вам закрепить знания по теме и более не ошибаться в случаях, когда нужно использовать to-infinitive, bare infinitive (без частички to) или ing-form (инговую форму глагола). Упражнения на герундий и инфинитив предлагаются с ответами для самоконтроля. Надеюсь, Вам понравиться. Если у Вас возникнут вопросы – не стесняйтесь и задавайте их в комментариях. Я отвечу на все вопросы, как только появлюсь на сайте :).
Кстати, если Вы не уверены в том, что можете правильно добавить окончание –ing к глаголу – прочтите статью Ing-form. Participle I: как образовать правильно?
Infinitive or gerund exercises.
Упражнение 1. Complete the sentences with the expression get a good job. Use the Infinitive or the -ing form of the verb get.
- I want _________________________.
- I suggest _________________________.
- I decided _________________________.
- I recommend _________________________.
- I hope _________________________.
- I feel like _________________________.
- I managed _________________________.
- I am trying _________________________.
- I would appreciate _________________________.
- I will not refuse _________________________.
- I agree _________________________.
- I have denied _________________________.
Упражнение 2. Tick the correct item.
1 Greg enjoys … in the rain.
□ walk □ walking □ to walk
- I’d like … Molly an e-mail now.
□ send □sending □ to send
- What does Steve want ...?
□ do □ doing □ to do
- The cold coach watched his team … football.
□ play □ playing □ to play
- I prefer … detective stories.
□ read □ reading □ to read
- Would you like something …?
□ drink □ drinking □ to drink
Упражнение 3. Use Infinitive or -ing form.
- It was quite late when they saw Martin … (come) up the other side of the street. They saw him … (pause) in front of his house, … (look) up at it and … (knock) at the door.
- My parents let me (stay) at Molly’s house last weekend. They agreed … (take) me to his place in the car and they made me (promise) to behave myself.
- Mel hates (answer) the phone. And very often Mel just lets it … (ring).
- At first Jenny enjoyed … (listen) to Steven but after a while she got tired of … (hear) the same story.
- Polly can’t (go) to the cinema today. She’s busy … (study) for her exam, which is next week, but she’s decided … (take) a break and … (phone) Megan.
- I tried … (listen) carefully and in order (not/show) how I was embarrassed, I did my best … (keep) the conversation … (go) on one topic and another.
Упражнение 4. Прочитайте предложения. Выберите один из предложенных вариантов ответа.
- Peace activist Baroness Bertha von Suttner encouraged Alfred Nobel ... a prize for peace. (establish / to establish / establishing / to be established)
- The police officer made Neil get out of the car and demanded … his driver's licence.(see / seeing / to see / to be seen)
- In the time of Peter the Great the noblemen were not allowed … beards. (have / to have / having / having had)
- They wouldn't let ... the country without the entry visa, would they? (him to enter / he enters / him enter / him entering)
- Fred couldn’t make … that he had caught the huge fish himself. (I believed/ me believe / me believed / me to believe)
- Nick was very close to the phone-box and Mary noticed him … the number, and then she heard him ... something to passer-by. (to dial, to say / dialing, to say / to dial, say / dial, say)
- Nick was seen ... the hall and then Jane watched him ... (enter, go away / be entered, to go away / enter, go away / to have entered, to be gone away)
- It's too late now, but I will always regret ... John to do the work. (to ask / asking / ask / to be asked)
- My friend Moira stopped ... whole milk because she is on a diet. (to buy / buying / buy / to be bought)
- They were allowed... discussing the plans, so their partner introduced himself and went on to talk about the project. (to continue / continuing / continue / to be continued)
Упражнение 5 Put one of the given verbs in the correct form – infinitive or gerund:
to see, to lock, to explain, to go, to show, to play, to listen, to do, to write, to earn, to discuss, to drive, to look, to speak, to understand, to do, to stay, to work, to spend
- I wish ... the manager.— It’s no use ... to him.
- Don’t forget ... the door before ... to bed.
- My mother told me not ... to anyone about it.
- He tried ... but she didn’t want ...
- Would you mind ... me how the lift works?
- I’m beginning ... what you mean.
- The boys like ... tennis but not ... this in bad weather.
- Try ... this correctly.
- He likes ... in his cabinet.
- I prefer ... my car myself.
- I advice you ... at my place and ... for a new flat.
- Let’s ... this tomorrow, I’m tired now.
- Most people prefer ... money. Some don’t want ... them.
Переходим к ответам на упражнения по герундию и инфинитиву.
To get a good job – 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11
Getting a good job – 2, 4, 6, 9, 12
1 walking; 2 to send, 3 to do; 4 playing; 5 reading; 6 to drink
- come, pause, look, knock 2. stay, to take, promise 3. answering, ring 4. listening, hearing 5, go, studying, to take, to phone 6 to listen, not to show, to keep, going.
1 to establish, 2 to see, 3 to have, 4 him enter, 5 me believe, 6 dial, say, 7 enter, 8 go away, 9 asking, 10 to continue
1 to see / writing , 2 to lock / going, 3 to speak / to listen, 4 to explain / to listen, 5 showing, 6 to understand, 7 to play (playing) / to do 8 to do, 9 to work или working , 10 to drive или driving 11 to stay / to look 12 discuss 13 to earn (earning) / to spend или to spend (spending) / to earn.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!