Предлагаю Вам выполнить следующие упражнения на Passive Voice. Сегодня мы отработаем простое прошедшее время в пассивном залоге. Все упражнения предлагаются с ответами. По сложности упражнения на пассивный залог расположены от наиболее простых – к сложным.
Easy exercises on Past Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1. Fill in the verb in the Past Active or Passive Voice.
- The Cape of Good Hope ... (discovered / was discovered) by Bartolomeo Dias.
- The clown ... (entertained / was entertained) the public.
- We ... (arrived/ were arrived) at the camp in time.
- Many experiments ... (did/ were done) under water.
- Many people ... (invited / were invited) to the festival.
- They ... (discussed / were discussed) many exciting things.
- I ... (learnt / was learnt) many interesting things in this unit.
- What artist ... (painted / was painted) this picture?
Past Simple Passive Voice. Exercises Level Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 2. Read the text. Put the verbs in brackets in Past Simple Passive. Guess the famous object.
This old building is in one of the countries of Europe. It’s not a natural object. It 1_______ (to make) by man a long time ago. Now it 2____________ (to see) as a tourist attraction. It’s a famous old building. It 3__________ (not to build) by the Romans. Galileo, the famous scientist, dropped heavy objects from this building to make his experiments. The upper floor 4 ___________ (to complete) in 1319. It 5_________ (to build) by Tommaso Pisano. The largest bell of the building 6 ____________ (to install) in 1655. The bell-chamber 7___________ (to add) in 1372.
Упражнение 3. Write down the historical facts. Use the dates from the box. Follow the example.
1067, 1870, 1607, 776 BC, 860, 1703, 1850
Example: Minsk (to found) — Minsk was founded in 1067.
- Minsk (to found).
- Ancient Troy (to find) by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann.
- The first English settlement (to found) in Virginia.
- The first Olympic Games (to hold) in Greece.
- Swedish Vikings (to invite) to rule Russia.
- St. Petersburg (to found) by Peter the Great.
- The first jeans (to make) by Oscar Levi Strauss
Упражнение 4. Write sentences. Use the past simple passive.
my laptop / steal / last week.
the men / arrest / by the police
the painting / sell / for £500
the goal / score / by Raul
these cars / make / by robots
Past Simple Passive Voice. Exercises Level Intermediate.
Упражнение 5. Write the sentences in the Passive Voice.
Olga sent me a postcard. (2)
— I was sent a postcard.
— A postcard was sent to me by Olga.
- I told him you were here.
- A boy showed me the way. (2)
- The waves carried the boat away.
- The Great Fire of London burnt many houses.
- The teachers told us something interesting.(2)
- Every morning I gave milk to my cat. (2)
- They sent us to clean the yard.
- They advised him to be more patient.
Упражнение 6. Rewrite the sentences in the passive form if possible. Use the example.
The Celts settled in Wales in 500 BC.
Wales was settled by the Celts in 500 .
- The Celts settled in Wales in 500 BC.
- The ancient Greeks built the Acropolis.
- A group of archaeologists found a dinosaur’s skeleton.
- I visited Rome in 2002.
- The aboriginals of Hawaii killed James Cook in 1779.
- Ford made his first car in 1896.
- Lewis Carroll wrote “Alice in Wonderland” in 1865.
Упражнение 7. Change the active sentences into passive sentences.
- They played the match in the evening.
- They calculated the answers very quickly.
- They filmed the movie in black and white.
- They sent the e-mail yesterday.
- They built our house ten years ago.
- Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin.
- The shopkeeper opened the shop at nine o'clock.
Ответы к упражнениям. Answers to the exercises.
1 was discovered, 2 entertained, 3 arrived, 4 were done, 5 were invited, 6 discussed, 7 learnt, 8 painted
1 was made, 2 is seen, 3 wasn't built, 4 was completed, 5 was built, 6 was installed, 7 was added
This is Piza Tower — Italy.
1 Minsk was founded in 1067. 2. Ancient Troy was found by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann in 1870. 3. The first English settlement was founded in Virginia in 1607. 4. The first Olympic Games were held in Greece in 776 BC. 5. Swedish Vikings were invited to rule Russia in 860. 6. St. Petersburg was founded by Peter the Great in 1703. 7. The first jeans were made by Oscar Levi Strauss in the USA in 1850.
- My laptop was stolen last week.
- The men were arrested by the police.
- The painting was sold for £500.
- The goal was scored by Raul.
- These cars were made by robots.
- Не was told that you were here.
- I was shown the way by the boy./ The way was shown to me by the boy.
- The boat was carried away by the waves.
- Many houses were burnt by The Great Fire of London.
- We were told something interesting by the teachers. / Something interesting was told to us by the teachers.
- My cat was given milk every morning. / Milk was given to my cat every morning
- We were sent to clean the yard.
- Не was advised to be more patient.
Ответы 1. Wales was settled by the Celts in 500 BC. 2. The Acropolis was built by the ancient Greeks. 3. A dinosaur’s skeleton was found by a group of archaeologists. 5. James Cook was killed by the aboriginals of Hawaii. 7. “Alice in Wonderland” was written by Lewis Carroll in 1865.
- The match was played in the evening.
- The answers were calculated very quickly.
- The movie was filmed in black and white.
- The e-mail was sent yesterday.
- Our house was built ten years ago.
- Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming.
- The shop was opened by the shopkeeper at nine o'clock.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!