Сегодня выполняем упражнения на прямую и косвенную речь в английском языке. Вначале предлагаю Вам повторить правила прямая и косвенная речь в английском языке. Надеюсь, вы готовы и мы можем приступить к выполнению упражнений.
В статье есть упражнения на употребление
- Косвенной речи в утвердительных предложениях;
- Косвенной речи в вопросительных предложениях;
- Косвенной речи в побудительных предложениях;
В данной главе выполним indirect speech exercises на перевод утвердительных предложений из прямой речи в косвенную.
Упражнение 1. Change the direct speech into reported speech. Переведите в косвенную речь.
Example “I work hard,” Jillian said.
— Jillian said that he worked hard.
- “I am planning to go to Kenya,” Sally said.
- “I take my little sister to school every day,” little Anthony said.
- “You may take my textbook,” Nonna said.
- “They are playing in the gym now,” Nick said.
- “I don’t like chocolate,” Mary said.
- “My sister is ready to go” Helen said.
- “My mother usually goes shopping on Saturday,” the girl said.
- “The birds build their nests among the trees,” the teacher said.
- “I am not married,” Jimmy said.
- “I can't read these books. I don’t like them,” Petra said.
Упражнение 2. Change the direct speech into reported speech. Переведите в косвенную речь.
Example 1: I have already finished the test. -> He said he had already finished the test.
- We have gone on holiday.
- Nelly can’t write; she has cut her finger.
- The Ivanovs have travelled to many places.
- Sam has already learnt the poem.
- My sister has broken my pencil.
- My dad has never travelled by plane.
- Andrew has lost his keys.
- Jill has never slept in a tent.
Example 2: The party finished late. —> He said (that) the party had finished late.
- They lived in a camp when they were on holiday.
- My brother got up early this morning.
- Li was a famous sportsman.
- The couple agreed to meet at six.
- Yesterday, I saw Mary in the street.
- Sammy arrived by train.
- Nicky went home early yesterday.
- The kids played tennis in the yard.
Example 3: I’ll meet them at school. —> He said he would meet them at school.
- The match will take place next week.
- This work will take little time.
- My parents will come at 3.
- Mike will do this exercise later.
- My friend won’t be able to come.
- They’ll build a new hotel here.
- It will rain tomorrow.
- Sandy won’t be able to come.
- We’ll have examinations next year.
Упражнение 3. Imagine that you met your friend and he told you something. Writе what he told you.
Example: I haven’t seen you for a long time.—> He told me that he hadn’t seen me for a long time.
- I was away from school because I was ill.
- I phoned you many times but you were out.
- Some of the schoolmates came to see me.
- I had a cold and stayed in bed.
- I watched TV.
- I’ll come to school next week.
- I’ll be better I hope.
- The doctor has given me many pills.
Упражнение 4. Перепишите предложения из косвенной речи в прямую.
Example: He said the meeting had finished. —> The meeting has finished.
- He said that his bus hadn’t come in time the day beforе.
- The boys said they would go to the football match.
- He said their team hadn’t won the last game.
- Molly said that she had gone to the library after school.
- Liz said that she would go home early.
- Wе said that we hadn’t made any plans yet.
Переходим к упражнениям на отработку перевода вопросительных предложений из прямой речи в косвенную.
Упражнение 5. Imagine that you saw your doctor yesterday because you had a bad headache. Tell your partner what questions the doctor asked.
Example: Do you sleep well?
— The doctor asked me if I slept well.
- Is anything wrong with you?
- Do you sometimes have headaches?
- Are you taking any medicine now?
- Do you spend much time out- of-doors?
- Do you do sports?
- Have you a good appetite?
- Do you usually go to bed late?
- Will you follow my advice?
Упражнение 6. Imagine that a reporter from the local newspaper came to your school yesterday. Report his questions.
Еxample: How long have you studied at this school?
— He asked me how long I had studied at that school.
- What do you like about your school?
- What school activity did you have last?
- What good habits have you formed at school?
- What is your favorite subject?
- What is more important for you at school?
- How often do you go on school trips?
- What is your school record?
Упражнение 7. Report the questions.
Example: Are you glad to be back?
— He asked me if I was glad to be back.
- How are you?
- How long have you been away?
- Are you going away again?
- What will you do in future?
- Why did you come back?
- What are you doing now?
- Have you made new friends?
- Where are you living now?
Упражнение 8. Report the questions.
Example: Are you English?
— She asked him if he was English.
- Can Molly English?
- What impressed you most in England?
- When did Rick come home yesterday?
- Does Megan like travelling?
- Will you come to my place on Friday?
- Is it your second visit to England?
- Why have you come to scotland?
- Will Molly stay at the hotel long?
Упражнение 9. Write reported questions.
Example: “Who is he?” she asked.
— She asked who he was.
- “Why is she working so late?” he asked.
- “Is she British?” he asked.
- “What’s her name?” he asked.
- “What did she buy?” he asked.
- “Will you have something to eat?” she asked.
- “Have they got any money?” she asked.
- “How did you do that?” she asked.
Упражнение 10. Imagine that your mother gave you some instructions. Report them to your partner. Use the sentences below.
Example: Feed the cat.
She told me to feed the cat.
- Come home straight after school.
- Warm up your dinner.
- Wash up the dishes after the dinner.
- Buy bread, milk and sugar.
- Start doing your homework before I come.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Clean your room.
- Wait for me at home.
Упражнение 11. Tell your partner what instructions you have got from different teachers today. Use the sentences below.
Don’t be late for the lesson.
— She told us not to be late for the lesson
- Don’t stay outside after the bell comes.
- Don’t run along the corridor.
- Don’t make noise.
- Don’t look into your neighbor’s exercise-book.
- Don’t lie on your desk.
- Don’t ask me silly questions.
- Don’t waste time at the lesson.
- Listen to me attentively.
- Write down the rule into your exercise-books.
- Get down to work.
Надеюсь, вы справились с этими упражнениями по теме Косвенная речь.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!