Предлагаю вам закрепить знания английских идиом с названиями животных. Если у вас возникнут сложности при выполнении данных упражнений, просмотрите список animal idioms.
Animal idioms in use: exercises.
Упражнение 1. Заполните пропуски в предложении названиями животных.
elephant, rat, lion, dog, ox, hare, wolf, bull, cat, monkey
- That night I slept like a ________and didn’t hear the burglars break into the house.
- The new general manager seems to have taken the ________ by the horns.
- This car's engine is as strong as an _______.
- Ted took part in a highly dangerous expedition. They lost three climbers in an avalanche. Therefore, Ted turned back having seen the ___________.
- There’s no use doing this – it’s just _________ business.
- The couple have been keeping the _______ from the door for the last few years — but in vain! Now they live in complete poverty.
- Alan will never find a girlfriend. He is afraid even to speak with girls. He is as timid as a _______.
- If you want to know all the latest gossips talk to Fred – he is a real barber’s _______.
- She said she had been at home last night but I smelled a ________ as I had seen her in the park.
- I see only one __________ in your path – your unwilling to practice.
Упражнение 2. Заполните пропуски в предложении названиями животных.
elephant, horse, lions, dog, sheep, pig, bear, bull, cat, monkey
- Mr. Johnson treats his poor wife like a ________.
- Unfortunately, Greg had a terrible addiction – he had a ___________in the back.
- John was the black __________ of the family, because he was always in trouble with the law.
- Stop playing the ___________ with Helen – she may get upset.
- In that enormous dress Kate felt like a _________ in a china shop – still she had to dance and she did it perfectly.
- Tom’s joke was funny enough to make a _______ laugh.
- We considered him a dark ________ at the recent gubernatorial elections.
- A new house of Greg's was a white ___________.
- Buying this was like buying a _________ in a poke.
- Having arrived in London Molly’s first wish was to see the __________.
Упражнение 3. Вставьте подходящие идиомы с названиями животных.
kissing the hare's foot, dog's dinner, dogs days, cock-and-bull story, pigging out, straw that broke the camel’s back, bull session, horse opera, raining cats and dogs, working like a dog
- So he went on with his ________________ with me listening to him politely
- Marge was ______________ on strawberry ice-cream.
- Greg's refusal to help was the __________________ . After it Molly decided to divorce him.
- It was during the _______________ last August that I first met him.
- The boss is angry with Greg because he’s constantly ___________________.
- Honey! Let us stay alone. The conversation won’t be interesting for you – it’s just a__________.
- Did Alan get the job? – No, he made a __________ of the job-interview.
- Since morning I’ve been ______________and now I need a rest.
- Don't forget to take the umbrella. It’s ________________.
- «My wonderful Clementine» is a ________________ known to everybody in the U.S.
Упражнение 4. Вставьте подходящие идиомы с названиями животных.
casting sheep’s eyes, leading a cat and dog life, paper tiger, kissing the hare’s foot, to let the cat out of the bag, bullhead, leading a dog’s life, rat race, in the doghouse, dead horse
- I’m not going to beat the __________, Ken.
- Our attorney is more than a __________ now with all the power he’s gained recently.
- Kevin’d rather go to Kansas instead of ________________ here.
- After working so hard for the company, Alan found himself ________________.
- Is Wendy in? – No, she is _____________________ again.
- It was mean of Kevin _____________________ without Alan’s permission.
- Though Helen and Den are ______________________ – still they even don’t think about divorce.
- During the party Molly was _____________________ at Greg, but he didn’t even notice it.
- Jack is a real ______________. He failed his exams again.
- Our business is a real ____________. You have to work hardly and compete with other companies.
- dog, 2. bull, 3. ox, 4. elephant, 5. monkey, 6. wolf, 7 hare, 8. cat, 9. rat,10. lion.
- dog, 2. monkey, 3. sheep, 4. bear, 5. bull, 6. cat, 7. horse, 8. elephant, 9. pig, 10. lions
- cock-and-bull story,2. pigging out, 3. straw that broke the camel’s back, 4. dogs days, 5. Kissing the hare's foot, 6. a bull session, 7. dog's dinner, 8. working like a dog, 9. raining cats and dogs, 10. horse opera
- dead horse, 2.paper tiger, 3. leading a dog’s life, 4. in the doghouse, 5. kissing the hare’s foot 6. to let the cat out of the bag, 7. leading a cat and dog life, 8. casting sheep’s eyes, 9. bullhead, 10. rat race.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
Оставьте первый комментарий для "Идиомы с названиями животных. Упражнения."